Understanding What To Do When It Comes To Water Damage Restoration
When it comes to water damage, the cleanup, and restoration issues that may follow, there is no shortage of concerns that may be connected to it. Many types of water damage may come in contact with your Savannah home. These may include leaky pipes or clogged drains.
Water Damage Restoration In Savannah
In times like these, it is essential to know the Do’s and Don’ts of water damage restoration and how to repair your home in case you come in contact with any.
Don’ts That Need To Be Kept:
- Do NOT use any electrical equipment to clean up the water. Water and electricity never mix well, and it could be hazardous to you and the equipment.
- Do NOT come in contact with wet surfaces any more than necessary. This will minimize safety hazards and will keep you and your loved ones safe from any potential hazards.
- Do NOT adjust the indoor temperature or any other appliance unless instructed to do so by a certified restoration expert
Things That You Should DO!
- Contact an expert to help you turn off the water if you cannot do it yourself. Using professional help will ensure better results.
- Contact a Restoration company to remove standing water and inspect the damage. This will help them know how best to start the water damage repairs.
- If you can, without being unsafe, turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas, unplug, and remove any small electrical devices currently located on wet carpe